From Marvel to DC comics we have seen it all. We have gaped at Superman spinning Earth anti-clockwise to turn time and we have seen Spiderman saving the world with his webbed hands. We are exposed to all kinda superpowers that leave us amazed and wanting. From Batman to Avengers we have ‘Oohed’ and ‘Aahed’ at our favourite superheroes and Superheroines but in our hearts of hearts, we all secretly want to be one of them. To do those otherworldly things and save the day. I was no different.
My choicest superpowers keep changing with time. Because with time I mature, so do my priorities and my preferences. We get the tag of ‘Major’ at 18, but I don’t think we get matured enough at 18, some of us develop much before that, but in my case, I was still a complete kid at 18. However, considering superpowers, I will…
View original post 915 more words
Sanika put on her earplugs and wiped her eyes. She wanted to look normal to Atul; she tried to bring back the same stability to his heart that they always had between them. The call was through, and Atul’s face filled her phone screen as she tucked a loose hair lock behind her ear.
She waved one finger at him, “Hello Stranger!” She said with a faint smile.
“Hey”, he replied and Sanika couldn’t help but notice his tired eyes. His hair was unkempt, and stress was written all over his face. Her heart ached to see him like this.
“Honey! Why you look so fatigued?”, she couldn’t help but ask.
Atul combed his fingers through his hair and massaged the back of his neck, sighing. “Why do you think?”, he asked almost condescendingly. Sanika was a bit taken aback by the brazenness and gulped.
“Atul, there is nothing…
View original post 1,108 more words
We have numerous researched posts on various platforms as to how one shall prepare for job interviews to crack them successfully. But I really wonder what if someone answers interview honestly, like if their inner voice can be heard.
** This is not a generalisation and just a satirical take**
Interviewer: Tell us about yourself.
Applicant: My CV is self-explanatory about the “Self” you want to know and the “Self ” not mentioned there is irrelevant to this discussion unless you want to hangout with me after office hours and discussions doesn’t include PPT and excel sheets.
Interviewer: So what is your motivation to apply for this job?
Applicant: Well tags like “Unemployed” , ” Useless “, “burden” and many more following the suit made me desperate rather than motivate. So I am here!
Interviewer: Tell us about your previous job.
Applicant: Slogging and…
View original post 351 more words
Atul could see the double ticks on all his messages, which meant all were delivered to her and that in turn meant her phone was fine. Probably it was stolen, or she lost it! But No! Anyone would switch it off first, and each time he tried the number the bell was ringing, and Sanika’s caller tune rang in his ears. It was his favourite song ‘You are Beautiful‘ By James Blunt.
He was going over and over the possibilities in his head. What could have happened? He was trying to be rational before reaching any conclusions. He wasn’t a radical person, but it was not Sanika’s thing to be away from her phone that long. Wasn’t it human nature to reach the worst conclusions when there was uncertainty or was it preparing self for the worst?
(Image Credit: Candles Online)
“Love, I am worried sick. REPLY!!!
View original post 552 more words
Legacy is our mark on this Earth after we are gone. It outlives us, but it’s not immortal because legacy too has a shelf life. Just like sowing a seed which eventually blossoms into a tree laden with fruits and flowers for the reaping of generations to come when we cease to exist, and while they are enjoying its sweet nectar or ambrosial scent they might tell each other “hey, you know, this tree was planted by So & So”.
Do pardon me but I have a small anecdote I must share with you. I love the movie Troy, and at almost the beginning there is a curious dialogue between Thetis, the mother and Achilles, the son.
“If you stay in Larissa, you will find peace. You will find a wonderful woman, and you will have sons and daughters, who will have children. And they’ll all love you…
View original post 820 more words
Ohk, so let me think. What are the five ways in which just about anybody can win me over? Let’s get warmed up to the idea.
1. Bring me Flowers. Yes, I love people who bring flowers, they need not be the high-end Orchids or Calla Lillies, they can be Tuberoses or pure just few Roses. I know many girls are into teddy bears and chocolates and other romantically cheesy stuff, not me.
2. Pay respects to my parents. Yes, whoever you are, even if you are my enemy, if you pay your respects and regards to my parents, you will win my heart.
3. You have to love Music & Movies. I adjust well to people who breathe music or are hardcore movie buffs. I mean then we will have so much to talk about and discuss and debate and argue over that you will eventually win my heart.
4. Be an avid reader. I love people who are readers. I believe they have a certain depth and intellect to them. They are great listeners, and impressive speakers plus you automatically come to know that they have the power to imagine. I love to be creative, floral and capricious with my thoughts.
5. Don’t be clingy. Give me my space, and I will give you yours. I so leave me alone when you feel I want my time and I will come back to you sooner than you would have believed. I need solitude to sort my mind and stay stable.
So that’s that, if you have those five things in you, no way I won’t be genial to you. I would probably like you a lot.